We are the Oldest Service Club in Canada
Although the precise start-date is obscured by time, it is known that a charter was given in 1840 by Queen Victoria to create a unit in Montreal. It is felt that units existed well before that time, perhaps as early as the Conquest of New France in the seventeen hundreds.
We have a lot of members. Wikipedia states we have more than 18,000 members throughout Canada. Membership includes people who have served as Military, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Provincial and Municipal police, direct relatives of members and also affiliated members. The ANAVETS club also accepts membership from any person who is interested.
What happens when you belong:
- Pride in belonging to Canada's oldest Veterans Club, founded in 1840
- Pride in being a member of a finacially sercure Veterans Club.
- Pride in begin able to vote at General Meetings (Controlling your future)
- Pride in Donating money to the communicty through our Unit 290 and our Ladies Auxiliary
- Pride in availablity of bursaries to Member's families.
- Pride in represending Unit 290 at various Sports events
- Pride in representing our Club at verious Events thoughout the year.