Become a Member
What happens when you belong:
• Pride in belonging to Canada’s oldest Veterans Club, founded in 1840
• Pride in being a member of a financially secure Veterans club.
• Pride in being able to vote at General Meetings (controlling your future)
• Pride in donating approximately $35,000.00 to the community through Our Unit 290 and Ladies Auxiliary.
• Pride in availability of bursaries to Members’ families.
• Pride in representing Unit 290 at various Sports events, such as Slo-Pitch Ball Tournaments, Dart Shoots, Crib and Golf.
STRONG MEMBERSHIP ALLOWS US TO MAINTAIN OUR CHARTER.
Strong Membership allows us to provide:
• Low cost beverages
• Low cost food at the nit
• Weekly entertainment
• Accommodation for various functions
• Attractive facilities with ample parking and Handicapped accessibility.
• Special Hall Rentals and Catering
• Covered Outdoor Smoking Area & Patios
Membership is always a plus at the ANAVETS and you don’t have to be a veteran to join. MEMBERSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BAR.
By joining you can make a difference in your new unit, community, province and country. As is noted by our Dominion Website “It is a win-win situation. You win because within The Army, Navy & Air Force Veterans in Canada, you will have the opportunity to make new friends in a national organization stretching from coast to coast, become involved with your community, and to develop and share your leadership talent. ANAVETS will win because we will be enriched by your enthusiasm, energy and new ideas that you bring to us.”
You can be part of a community that genuinely cares. Our Membership application forms are available at the bar. Usually our meetings are held the last Sunday of the month.